Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Working in Luanda, Angola - Part 2

Actually, when I’m writing this blog, I’m already back in KL, in KLIA to precise, waiting for my flight to go to Doha. I arrived in KL on the 14th. Now it's the 17th, 0000hrs. Yeap, I got myself less than 3 days to enjoy Malaysia before I have to go somewhere else again for work. I don't mind really, at least I’m doing something then just sitting at home doing nothing. Why did I come back from Luanda so early? Well, the job got postponded until January. So Paul (TecWel's agent in Angola) thought that I shouldn't waste my time in Luanda finishing my visa doing nothing. He told me to book the next ticket flight home. Fine by me... Alright, here are some highlights what happened,

1. Steve (the engineer from UK) had some problem regarding his health and had to sent back home. Apparently, he was suspected to have Malaria. His kidney was swollen and all. Sad...
2. Had meeting with TOTAL engineers regarding a well they're considering to run one of our tool. Doesn't look to good though. It was quite complicated. FYI, these are French TOTAL, much fussier.
3. Went for an SPE (Society of Petroleum Engineering) paper presentation. It was about some geology shit. When i said shit, I meant I couldn't understand shit what that guy was talking about. (Damn I need to do a lot of reading). It was pretty cool though...
4. Went for a medical check-up (Paul just wanted to make sure that I’m okay). I did have some kind of fever though. It comes and goes. Turned out it was just a normal fever. Pweehhhh!!!!
5. The night before my flight, Paul brought me to have some fancy dinner. I was quite supprised to see the place. It was really nice. Never thought that a place like Luanda would have such a nice place like that. I had fish.. (don't really know what to order, not use to fancy restaurants)

So, that was pretty much it. My flight back home was quite smooth even though it was delayed for 1 1/2 hrs. Oh yeah.. my luggage never arrived!!! I was told by MAS that it never left Dubai. I had to go to Dubai and take it myself. I was like what??? Why??? They told me that they don’t know why (ceh...) Anyhow, I had like 18hrs to spare in Dubai. So, I thought to myself, might as well check out the place, which I will write about it in my next blog. :)

I have to be honest... I'm soooo glad that i'm out of Angola. But if i had to go there again, I don't mind going at all... But the feeling when you arrived in Malaysia was... WOW!!! Cheers!!! :)

No comments: