Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Working in Luanda, Angola part 1

It took me a total of 18 hrs of flight to reach here. It's long isn't it? But at least I got myself a business class.. :) Reached in Luanda around 1300 hrs. The airport is worse than the worst airport you can find in Malaysia. Nevermind... after showing my yellow fever certs (yeah.. yellow fever is a big thing here) straight went to the imigration line. My visa processing went quite smoothly. Next, I went straight to the baggage claim. Waited and waited and waited... It's not there!!! FUCK!!! This is the first time ever an airline lost my bag. Nevermind that, a driver from GETMA is suppose to send me where i'm suppose to go, but I couldn't find him anywhere. So I waited for a while until a saw someone wearing a GETMA vest. Introduced myself to him and he ask me who do I work for. I told him TecWel... he said huh? Oilfield support... huh? Slb... Oh Slb... Follow me, he said. So I followed him. He then told me that my name is not on his list and I need to wait for a while. He took care of my lost baggage and told me I can only get it in 4 to 5 days. FUCK!!! Long story short, I finally reached the staff house and met with the rest of my collegues from TecWel. Had a little briefing about Luanda and all. There's a few stuff i need to be carefull of. Malaria, being alone at night, yellow fever, the locals, and AIDS. And then I started thinking.. What the hell am I doing here??? But then again, work is work.

The next day went to the base to check the tools and to pack them for offshore. On the way there manage to see a little bit of the city. Oh my god... It really is a third world country... Reached the base and took care of the tools and went back home. I found out later that i'll be going offshore soon. Good... The sooner the better.

It's my 5th day here and I'm still waiting to go offshore. And no luggage... I have to be honest, I hate this place.. It's dirty, it smells, and it's dangerous. I just hope that I can start my work soon and get home quickly. Ummi... Nak balik!!!!!

4 comments:

Farid Abu Talib said...

woit toyi! apalah kamu. takkan terperuk dalam bilik aja. keluarlah cari cewek angola yg cun dan bergetah. baru boleh saya tulis kesah.

Hanggokan said...

wah...young n dangerous sungguh kamu!
harharhar...ko jgn bwk balik penyakit sudah! hahaha...

Amz CamPro said...

hahaha..awek angola masuk 360 TV3 ko...beh tu..hahaha

raisadora said...

ok la meramaikan kaum ;)